On behalf of the Smith County School District, we are happy to welcome you back for the 2015-16 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure the students in our district can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for student’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Our purpose, our mission in the Smith County School District is to provide learning opportunities that will challenge and encourage our students to succeed, and enable them to become productive and well adjusted citizens in an ever-changing society. Recognizing that all students have worth, dignity, and individual needs and talents, we continually strive to adapt the Smith County School District’s education program to encompass a diverse student population.
The mission of our school district also includes instilling in each student those values and attitudes that would develop ethical character, love of country and worthy family membership. We also believe that we have a responsibility to foster good personal and community health by providing clean, comfortable, safe and attractive school facilities. We are charged with stressing the development of good personal health habits and providing a nutritious and well-balanced food service. Finally, we believe that our mission is to adequately prepare students for a successful future in the world of work or additional formal education upon their graduation from our schools.
To obtain these purposes, this district has established these goals:
- To help each child master the skills and obtain the competencies required to function in today’s and tomorrow’s society.
- To promote the good health and well being of each student.
- To prepare each child for entry into college or the job market.
The new Smith County School District website is online! Quite a bit has changed, so feel free to browse and familiarize yourself with the new site. Many links and pages have been consolidated into the menus above. Hover your mouse over a link (District, Teachers, Parents, etc…), and a menu will appear below containing various links to pages in that category. To return to the home page at any time, click the “Home” link.